Wisconsin Pest Control & Pest Prevention Tips
Milwaukee Exterminators Present Valuable Pest Prevention Information
Our Milwaukee exterminators do more than deliver safe, reliable and long-lasting pest control solutions. We also provide you with valuable pest prevention information. Our Milwaukee exterminators want to ensure you live, work and play in a pest-free zone.
Unfortunately, different pests bring different problems, including structural damage, skin irritation, bites, stings and transmission of diseases. However, with a few simple tips you can prevent pests from invading. Read below for some pest prevention tips from our Milwaukee exterminator experts.
Control water around your home
- Fix any roof leaks or plumbing leaks.
- Keep gutters in good working order.
- Maintain proper grading around home.
- Repair any foundation flaws allowing moisture to enter.
- Use a dehumidifier in the basement.
Seal Cracks and Crevices
- Ensure all doors and windows are completely sealed.
- Place good screening on vents.
- Keep garage doors closed.
- Wipe up spills and crumbs right away.
- Clean up any pet food spills.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Take trash out daily and keep tight lids on trash cans outdoors.
- Vacuum often and change vacuum bags regularly.
- Reduce clutter.
- Keep trees, shrubs and plants cut back from your home's roof, eaves, windows and siding.
- Remove any debris or mulch around your home's foundation.
- Keep wood piles off the ground and away from your home.
5 Quick Tips For Avoiding Wasp Nests On Your Property
- Remove any fruit that has fallen from trees in your yard. Wasps feed on rotting fruit.
- Remove or repair any decaying wood on your property. Wasps use this to build nests.
- Seal any holes or crevices in driveways, patios, window ledges or any other outdoor structure. Wasps often use these for ground nests.
- Avoid leaving opened sodas or other sweet drinks outside where wasps will be attracted to them. They're also attracted to protein-rich foods, so avoid leaving meat or fish from your cookout sitting outside.
- Make sure your garbage can lids are on tight.