Signs You May Have a Silverfish Infestation
- Droppings – silverfish leave behind droppings that resemble small pepper corns or pellets
- Damage to paper and cardboard – the biggest tell-tale sign of a silverfish infestation is finding holes in paper products around your house, including books, newspapers, wallpaper, and cardboard boxes.
- Yellow stains – silverfish often leave behind yellow stains where they have nested, including cramped corners and dingy areas.
- Cracks and crevices – silverfish nest inside cracks and crevices inside the walls of your home, and often make them bigger as their infestation grows.
If you see any of the above signs of a silverfish infestation in your home or commercial building, call the professionals at Ehlers Pest Management today at 414-303-6926. We have the best, most comprehensive way of getting rid of those pesky silverfish while still keeping your home safe for children and pets.
Eliminate Your Silverfish Infestation With the Help of Ehlers Pest Management
Silverfish are one of the hardest insects to eliminate, often requiring the assistance of a professional Milwaukee pest control company like Ehlers Pest Management. Our silverfish control experts will thoroughly inspect all areas of your property to find and eliminate visible silverfish. We treat cracks and crevices in attics and crawl spaces where silverfish prefer to nest indoors. Once the silverfish control treatment is complete, we follow up with you to communicate what was done, and what to expect. You will be informed of any property repair or sanitation recommendations as well.
As always, your Ehlers Milwaukee exterminator will take the time to answer your questions and address any concerns.
Wisconsin Silverfish Control Identification
Silverfish are small, silver teardrop shaped insects, ranging in size from ½ to 1 inch in length. They nest in the cracks and crevices in attics, basements, and crawl spaces, feeding on organic matter and fungal molds. Silverfish are relatively harmless to people, but they are very ugly to look at, and an infestation of them can cause damage to lot of everyday household objects, such as:
- Newspaper and magazines
- Boxes and cardboard
- Book bindings
- Clothing, especially damp clothing
- Any food with starch
If you have an infestation of silverfish in your house, apartment, basement or garage, call the professional pest control team at Ehlers Pest Management to get rid of them for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with us!