10% off service plans - Ask about senior and military discounts
Pest Control for Crickets: Safe for Pets and Children
Get Rid of Your Cricket Infestation With the Help of Ehlers Pest Management
Ehlers expert will thoroughly inspect your property, directly treating any visible crickets or cricket nests. We will apply cricket control treatments to inaccessible nooks and crannies to eliminate any crickets entering through them. We also seal small entry points responsible for the infestation. You’ll receive a full report detailing the pest control treatment and offering further advice on preventing cricket infestation. Call Ehlers Pest Management today, or schedule a pest control service for your property online.
Signs You May Have A Cricket Infestation
- Chirping sounds – The most obvious sign of a cricket infestation in your home or building is a constant chirping sound.
- Seeing the crickets – Cricket infestations tend to occur in basements, and the insects are about an inch long with variances in color, from brown to shiny black.
- Chewed fabrics, paper, and molding – Crickets often feed on household materials, including wallpaper, fabrics, old food, and even other insects.
If you think you have a cricket infestation and don’t want to get rid of the pests yourself, call Ehlers Pest Management. Our team has professional, eco-friendly methods of exterminating crickets inside homes and properties while keeping it all within your budget!
Milwaukee Cricket Identification
Field crickets are the most commonly found cricket in southeastern Wisconsin. They are black or brown and grow up to 1.5 inches in length. These crickets are content living and breeding outdoors in mulch and woodpiles, with crops as a primary food source.
Crickets multiply astonishingly fast. Female crickets typically lay several hundred eggs, which hatch in the spring. These young crickets will mature over the course of a year, and in fall the tiny crickets you saw hopping around outside your house will be full grown and looking for a warm place to spend the winter—namely, your house!
The problem is that crickets have a remarkable ability to make a meal out of just about anything. When they’re feeding outdoors it's fine, but it's bad news if they take up residence in your home.
What crickets eat outdoors:
- Other insects (both dead and live)
- Discarded paper and fabric
- Wood, compost and mulch
- Mold and algae
What crickets eat inside your home:
- Wood (particularly damp or moldy wood in cabinets under sinks and subfloors under bathrooms)
- Silk, wool and man-made fabrics (i.e. your clothing, curtains, and carpet)
- The glue holding wallpaper to the wall (and the wallpaper)
- Food (in your kitchen, in your garbage can, and in your pet’s food bowl)
In a full-blown infestation scenario, you’ll have thousands of crickets literally eating the contents of your home from the inside out. To make matters worse, your sleep will suffer. There’s nothing charming about their chirps when it’s coming from inside your house.
For more identification tips, check out our pest identifcation guide.
Your Neighbors are Protected by Ehlers Pest Management
Don’t take our word for it, your neighbors in Milwaukee, Glendale, Franklin, and other surrounding counties have relied on our expertise to have a healthier, cleaner, and safer home or business. Find out what they have to say!
Contact Ehler's Pest Management today for more information about our residential and commercial Wisconsin cricket extermination!