Signs You May Have a Silverfish Infestation
- Droppings – silverfish leave behind droppings that resemble small pepper corns or pellets
- Damage to paper and cardboard – the biggest tell-tale sign of a silverfish infestation is finding holes in paper products around your house, including books, newspapers, wallpaper, and cardboard boxes.
- Yellow stains – silverfish often leave behind yellow stains where they have nested, including cramped corners and dingy areas.
- Cracks and crevices – silverfish nest inside cracks and crevices inside the walls of your home, and often make them bigger as their infestation grows.
If you see any of the above signs of a silverfish infestation in your home or commercial building, call Ehlers Pest Management for the best, most comprehensive way of getting rid of pesky silverfish while keeping your home safe for children and pets.
Wisconsin Silverfish Control Identification
Silverfish are small, silver teardrop-shaped insects ranging in size from ½ to 1 inch in length. They nest in the cracks and crevices in attics, basements, and crawl spaces, feeding on organic matter and fungal molds. Silverfish are relatively harmless to people, but they are very ugly to look at, and an infestation can cause damage to lot of everyday household objects, such as:
- Newspaper and magazines
- Boxes and cardboard
- Book bindings
- Clothing, (especially when damp)
- Starchy foods
For more identification tips, check out our pest identifcation guide.
If you have an infestation of silverfish in your house, apartment, basement or garage, call today to schedule an appointment.
Contact Ehler's Pest Management for more information about our residential and commercial Wisconsin silverfish pest control services!